SAME-DAY SERVICE, 1-HOUR SERVICE and 4-HOUR SERVICE:
Dry Cleaning, Laundry, Wash and Fold, & 'Simple' Alterations/Repairs
note A: One (1) Hour Dry Cleaning Service can sometimes be done for an extra charge.
(You must call ahead to check 1-Hour Dry Cleaning Service availability.)
note B: Four (4) Hour Shirt Service can sometimes be done for an extra charge.
(You must call ahead to check 4-Hour Shirt Service availability.)
note 1: Some garments that have, for example, Rhinostones or Beads,
typically need at least one (1) to two (2) day(s) as they can melt
using the standard dry cleaning process.
note 2: Garments with stains, or are not 100% clean, cannot and should
not be serviced as a PRESS ONLY as the hot press, steam,
or iron can set any stains and
make the stains permanent.
note 3: Fancy Garment for Special Events - Fabricare Tip - Why clean now
if i don't know when i will ever
wear that fancy garment again?
note 4: See below for Regular and Complex Alterations
New Orleans - Main Plant
SAME-DAY SERVICE TIMES:
MONDAY - FRIDAY:
- Bring Clothes before 10:30am in morning and receive after 3:30pm that same day.
- Note, we close at 6pm from Monday to Friday and open at 7am M-F
- Bring Clothes before 9:30am in morning and receive after 12:30pm-1:00pm that
- The earlier you drop off on Saturday, the better for our production capacity to get your
clothes properly cleaned as Saturday is a shorter working day.
- Same-Day Wash and Fold on Saturday should be dropped off as early as possible
due to a shorter working day and less production capacity on Saturdays.
- * COUPON for SATURDAYS * - Saturday Same-Day Men's Button Down Shirts for significant savings!
- Please note, we close at 2pm on Saturdays and open at 8am Sat.
SAME-DAY SERVICE COSTS (versus REGULAR SERVICE COSTS):
- Dry Cleaning and Laundry:
MONDAY - FRIDAY: 7am to 9:00am $0.50 cents extra per piece.
MONDAY - FRIDAY: 9:00am to 10:30am $1.50 cents extra per piece.
SATURDAY: 8am to 9:30am $1.50 cents extra per piece.
Wash and Fold: $0.35 cents extra per Wash Load.
|Wash & Fold with Rush Charge
- Alterations and Repairs:
Hem Pants: $3.00 dollars extra for same or next day/piece Rush Charge.
- Dress Hems and Alterations: $10.00 dollars extra for same or next day/piece Rush Charge.
- “While You Wait” Hem: $29.50 and up.
If the pants needs a cuff,
it will cost $2.50 more.
Accordingly, a “While You Wait” Hem with Cuff, plus Tax, will cost approximately $35.20)
Note: Jeans cannot have cuff with this "while you wait" service.
REQUIREMENT #1: You have to Call Ahead to check if the Seamstress will be on duty and
there is no one ahead of you waiting.
REQUIREMENT #2: The pants or jeans cannot have a inner lining and should be a simple
and straighforward construction. In other words, nothing fancy can be done for this
"while you wait" hem.
- Zipper Repair Rush Service: If you need Same-Day service to repair a zipper for a dress, coat, jacket, or jumpsuit (as opposed to a pants or jeans) it helps time wise if you
personally go and purchase that replacement zipper according to type, length and color at a
local fabric store like Jo-Ann's Fabrics or Hancock Fabrics beforehand. Otherwise, we have
to see if we have enough time to do that for Same Day Rush Service.
Note, regular repair zipper service or zippers pants and jeans generally does not need for
you do to the aforementioned as we generally keep most of those types of zippers in stock.
- Regular Service Turnaround times are two (2) days for dry cleaning, laundry,
and wash & fold. For alterations and repairs, the Regular Service Turnaround
time is approximately one (1) week, on a case-by-case basis, depending upon
what needs to be done to the garment. For example, simple alterations like hems
are faster. Complex or multiple alterations to a garment are longer.
- Regular Service Costs are shown on our Price List - Main Plant - New Orleans
NOTE: In you need even Faster Service than Same-Day Service, please CALL ahead .
• Dry Cleaning - Same-Day Service
• Laundry - Linens, Starched Shirts, Lab Coats, Jeans & Pants
• Expert Alterations & Repairs
• Fitting Room for Accurate Alteration Measurements
• Comforters, Drapes, Upolstery, Wedding Gowns
• Wash, Dry and Fold (drop-off) Laundry Service (Note: Let Front Counter know if your clothes are
wet from a broken washer/dryer, or an upstairs water leak, so the work can be done ASAP.
• CompassMAX Computerized Invoicing, Pricing, Inventory and Tagging System
• Regular Service Costs are shown on our Price List - Main Plant - New Orleans
• Located two (2) blocks from the I-10 / S. Carrollton Avenue.
Catty Corner (Diagonal) from the Costco Wholesale.
Next to the Exxon Gas Station by Xavier Universitiy.
Two (2) Buildings down from the Five Happiness restaurant.
USEFUL NOTES FOR CUSTOMERS WHO 'COMMUTE' INTO DOWNTOWN NEW ORLEANS
• RUSH HOUR:
This main plant's central metro location allows many customers who commute into
downtown New Orleans to beat commute rush hour traffic as this location has
several major streets and highways that also allow you still get downtown.
• LUNCH HOUR:
This location is also close enough to work where customers can pickup and
dropoff during their lunch hour or break; of which, the total number of customer drop off/pickup are
typically 1 to 4 times a month anyway. (Locations in the suburbs, such as our Metairie location,
would be more time consuming to travel to during the lunch
DROP OFF AND PICKUP DELIVERY SERVICE - STATUS / WORKAROUND
• Because of Hurricane Katrina and being closed for almost 7 years, we don't have a drop and
delivery service, at least not yet. However, we ask that you should take into account our central
location and try visiting our main plant location a couple of times to see if our location is not to
inconvenient to add
to your routine. Most customers visit a dry cleaner from 1 to 4 times a month
anyway, so it's not really a daily trip to add to your commute.
• Google Map Link
• Yahoo Map Link
• MapQuest Link
Official Dry Cleaners of the Tulane University Athletics Program
Page Last Updated:
Monday, May 6, 2019 23:36